If you’re ready to purchase your first company sign, or are in need of a replacement for an old sign, there are many things you should consider before making the big purchase. Whether you have prior knowledge of signs or have no experience at all, here are the top 5 things to know and consider before buying a sign for your business.
- Know your Budget: It is important to create a budget before you start to design a new sign. This will ensure that you do not fall in love with a certain design or style that is completely out of your price range. Letting us know what your budget is up front allows us to be able to show you all of the options that fit into your price range.
- Set your Goals: When starting the process of designing and purchasing a sign, know what goals you want your sign to accomplish. You should consider your audience, what information should be included, your location, etc.
- Know your Lease: It is important to be aware of the regulations for your area and any requirements your landlord may have in place, before you decide on a sign for your business. Creating a sign before you check on any regulations can turn in to a waste of time and money for you and your sign company.
- Set a Realistic Deadline: If you plan to open your business by a certain date, be sure to start on the sign purchasing process well in advance. This will ensure that your sign will be ready to go and installed by your opening date, and that you will not need a temporary sign.
- Be Economical: When you can, be economical. Depending on your business, it may be a good idea to chose a more inexpensive sign if you are testing out a new market, or only have a short-term lease. With that being said, be sure that if you are in a market where signs are critical, make sure you are spending an amount that is going to give you the outcome you are looking for.